An intruder allegedly broke a window in his attempt to enter a North Carolina home Wednesday night and ignored verbal warnings — so the homeowner opened fire on the intruder, sending him to a hospital.
What are the details?
Knightdale police said the incident occurred around 11:20 p.m. in the 1300 block of Redwood Valley Lane, WTVD-TV reported.
The homeowner told the police the suspect broke a window to get inside the house and ignored verbal warnings before the homeowner shot him, the station said.
Police said they found 35-year-old Juan Acevedo of Knightdale with a gunshot wound when they arrived at the scene, WTVD said, adding that he was taken to WakeMed Trauma Center. The station said information on his condition hasn’t been released.
No charges have been filed against the homeowner, investigators told WTVD, although officials are consulting with the district attorney’s office to discuss the case. The station said no details have been released regarding what charges Acevedo may face.
Anyone in the area with video or information about the incident is urged to contact police at 919-217-2281, WTVD said.
How are folks reacting?
Folks commenting underneath WTVD’s Facebook post about the incident seem decidedly supportive of the homeowner’s actions:
- “Well he F’ed around and found out,” one commenter wrote.
- “THE GUY WAS BREAKING IN. Charge him with breaking and entering and tell the homeowner thank you for doing what they are supposed to do,” another commenter said. “End of story.”
- “Need to read a feel-good story every day,” another commenter noted.
- “Only mistake is that he’s at the hospital!! Not the morgue!!” another commenter opined.
- “Good for him!!!! So glad he got him,” another commenter declared.
- “He won’t break into another house for a while,” another commenter observed.
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!