Fox News anchor Chris Wallace is taking heat on social media after describing White House press secretary Jen Psaki as one of the best to ever hold the position.
What did Wallace say?
While speaking on Fox News Friday, Wallace praised network correspondent Peter Doocy and Psaki. The two have made headlines throughout the Biden administration for their often tense exchanges in the White House press briefing room.
Doocy and Psaki even clashed on Friday when Doocy grilled Psaki about President Joe Biden’s absence from the southern U.S. border amid the migrant crisis.
“Honestly, as somebody who’s spent six years in the White House, my immediate reaction was, ‘Those are two people at the top of their game. I think that [Doocy] has become the Sam Donaldson of this White House press corps. And since I was working in the press corps when Sam Donaldson was there, that’s a very grudging compliment on my part,” Wallace said.
“And Jen Psaki, I think, is one of the best press secretaries ever,” he continued. “I don’t know that anything was particularly accomplished, but they both gave and got pretty good.”
What was the reaction?
Reaction to Wallace’s complement of Psaki was mixed. Supporters of the Biden administration said they agreed with the declaration, but critics of the Biden administration condemned Wallace.
- “TURN OFF FOX NEWS,” ACTforAmerica founder Brigitte Gabriel said.
- “Chris Wallace called Jen Psaki one of the best press secretaries ever.
And he’s 100% correct!” another person
- “Today I learned that Chris Wallace has never seen a White House press briefing before today since he thinks Jen Psaki is the best Press Secretary he’s ever seen.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even activists posing as journalists, but that is a bold statement,” one person
- “lol. all the magas are crying and hating on Chris Wallace because he called Jen Psaki one of the best press secretaries ever. He’s right and they know it. She handles the idiots like Doocy with ease,” another person said.
- “Chris Wallace, @FoxNewsSunday, you’re a clown,” Sebastian Gorka said.
- “According to Fox News Chris Wallace, Jen Psaki is one of the best press secretaries ever. I’m not surprised he said that. He’s a Democrat protecting his fellow Democrat,” another person said.
Wallace has also sparred with Psaki, grilling her in March over allegations the Biden administration was blocking media from documenting the border crisis.