Article Originally Posted on RedState.com
Sourced from: https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/05/14/melanias-back-rips-media-in-first-interview-since-she-left-the-white-house-n564395
Melania Trump will appear in her first interview since being First Lady, and excerpts reveal that she’s not holding back. The former First Lady left the White House alongside The Donald in January 2021 and has mostly kept a low profile since.
— KK Berd 🇺🇸 (@BluebirdKeny) May 14, 2022
The interview by Pete Hegseth will air Sunday on the Fox News program Fox & Friends Weekend, and the network is reportedly set to release an “extended version” Monday on Fox Nation.
“So being out of D.C. and having that time, what do you make of the state of the country right now?” host Pete Hegseth asks in one clip. She responds:
I think it’s sad to see what’s going on if you really look deeply into it. I think a lot of people are struggling and suffering and what is going on around the world as well. So it’s very sad to see, and I hope it changes fast.
Isn’t it refreshing to hear her speak out after she managed to mostly stay mum during her Washington days?
When asked about Biden’s baby formula shortage, she said:
It’s heartbreaking to see that they are struggling and the food is not available for children in [the] 21st century in the United States of America.
Heartbreaking is right. Asked for an explanation regarding the shortages, Melania Trump blamed “leadership.” When Hegseth asked if she meant “leadership or lack thereof,” she replied, “Yeah.”
She even took on the mainstream media, which giddily criticized her at every opportunity for years; everything from her outfits to her Christmas decorations were routinely blasted.
They’re biased and they have likes and dislikes, and it’s so obvious. And I think American people and everyone sees it. It was their decision, and I have much more important things to do — and I did in the White House — than being on the cover of Vogue.
Telling it like it is, Mrs. Trump.
Hegseth pointed out that since becoming First Lady, Jill Biden has been featured on the cover of Vogue, and so has Vice President Kamala Harris (before she was even sworn in), while Michelle Obama was invited a whopping three times. Yes, even Hillary Clinton made an appearance on the front, presumably because she’s so well-known for her fashion sense. Or something. (Those muumuus were the rage!)
Yet the only one in that group who was actually a working model… never even got an invite.
Here’s a sample of the kind of routine trashing Melania used to face, with three national media outlets comparing Melania’s “creepy” Christmas decorations with Jill’s “warmer, simpler” vibe. And they say there’s no bias in the press.
Want more? These are just a few of the ridiculous Melania “controversies” the Leftist media shouted about:
- She faced backlash for a white pantsuit to Trump’s State of the Union address, with critics claiming it pointed to women’s suffrage and Hillary Clinton. The New York Times actually printed the clownish headline, “Melania Trump and the Case of the White Pantsuit.”
- She wore a fashion jacket with the words, “I Really Don’t Care, Do U?” Cue the media hysteria.
- On a trip to Europe with Donald, she dared to don a pair Louboutin Stilettos, which were immediately derided as “audacious new trash flair.”
- CNN condemned the hat she wore on an Africa trip whining, “while pith helmets are still available for purchase online and in hat shops, they have come to symbolize white colonialist rule over the years.” Oh, give me a break.
- Vanity Fair launched a full-on “investigation” into Mrs. Trump’s leather pants. These people have no shame.
I could go on, but I’d be here all night. Compare that with the fawning, adoring, nauseating coverage given Michelle and Jill.
As I said, it’s refreshing to hear what she really thinks, and it’s important to pay attention – because Melania Trump may very well be our First Lady again one day.